Tuesday 31 May 2011

Putting the Fun Back into the World of Warcraft

Putting the Fun Back into the World of Warcraft
By Sophie Kelly
Posted 23/5/11




Deathwing the Destroyer (Flickr.com)
Ok, so we have all had our new Cataclysm release for about six months. We have madly levelled our characters and geared them up as best we could. Now come the endless hours of raiding - or in some guilds, I should say wiping. So many of us spend our time going over and over the same content, spending night after night trying to kill the bosses in the raids so that the guild members can then fight over the loot that drops. Much as I love WoW, that is not the life for me. I get demoralised every time I die and in my role as a healer, that is multiplied a hundred fold every time I let others die. So I don’t raid anymore. I study the lore and I travel the world meeting the in-game characters. I help out low level players when they post a cry for help. I really enjoy learning about the game. 
For example, I know you all know that Deathwing is now a major threat but do you know how long he has suffered (over 10,000years) or that there is a vicious owl in Winterspring, who was also named Deathwing, but now goes by the name of Hell-Hoot?  
Sometimes you just have to take a step back and have some fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home